cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, August 08, 2017




Hello, two more stamps showing different postal cancel dates. I show these as an introduction to this topic that I wrote about last week. I had quite a few comments on this topic so thought just one more from me.

Let me say upfront that I am not saying there is a right and wrong position to take regarding postally used stamps and the cancellation / usage dates.  I just happen to like stamps with usage dates from about the period they were issued.  Perhaps 1997 is close to 1996 J   but whatever, the 1996 cancel is from the year and in this case, Christmas, that the stamp was issued for.  Both stamps are of course very collectible but I like my stamps, using these Christmas stamps purely as an example, from 1997 to be 1997 issued Christmas stamps.
Enjoy your philately...............  Michael    cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!